Veterans Deluxe Rewards
Our Veterans Deluxe Rewards is designed to provide additional benefits for our military veterans and active duty military personnel regardless of age. These benefits are in addition to those received through the Boomerang Rewards Checking Account. A veteran is defined as someone 18 years and older who is not currently on active-duty, but who once served on active-duty in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps, Marine Corps Reserve, Coast Guard, Air National Guard, National Guard or who served in the Merchant Marines during World War II.
- Open to all members of the military, members of the National Guard or Reservists, and veterans who meet the definition stated above.
- Must have a checking account
- Must have direct deposit
- Has $5,000 in combined loans, CD, or savings account balances
- Members enjoy a special 0.25% discount on vehicle, RV, and signature/personal consumer loan rates.
- Members enjoy a special 0.25% rate increase on certificates of deposit (CDs)
- Members can take advantage of one free box of FreeStar Financial checks per year.
- Members can take advantage of free corporate checks.
Military Line Of Credit
Need cash for vacation, car repair or unexpected expense? We have a Military Line of Credit (MiLOC) for our military members with little or no credit history.
Effective May 1, 2014 veterans that have an honorable discharge (with the VA form DD214) can apply at the Secretary of State to have the “Veteran” designation added to their state ID or driver license. Having this designation on their ID allows veterans to receive discounts available to them with ease as well as get them in contact with services that are only available to veterans. Please visit the Secretary of State’s website for more information.
Senate bill 352 recently passed says: (1) Real property used and owned as a homestead by a disabled veteran who was discharged from the armed forces of the United States under honorable conditions or by an individual described in subsection (2) is exempt from the collection of taxes under this act.
- Air National Guard
- Buddy to Buddy Program (volunteer veteran program)
- Deployment Information
- Detroit FMWR
- Detroit Regional Benefits Office: 1-800-827-1000
- Join the Military
- Questions to ask the recruiter
- Leaving the Military? Advice on health care, taxes and more.
- Macomb County Vet Center: 586-412-0107
- Macomb County Veterans Services: 586-469-5315
- 21885 Dunham, Suite 3, Clinton Township (open Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm)
- Michigan Office of Veterans Affairs: 517-284-5298
- Michigan Veterans
- Military Spouses Information
- Military and Veteran Benefits
- National Council for Aging Care's guide on military veteran benefit options
- Selfridge Psychological Health Program: 586-239-2510
- Taking Care of Your Credit
- Tax Tips -- Filing extensions
- VA Home Loan Eligibility
- VA Home Loan Tax Exempt Info
- VA Medical Center: 313-576-1000
- Veterans Welcome Packet
- Vets Returning Home
Senator Gary Peters offers federal assistance to Michigan veterans by calling his Detroit office at 884-506-7420 or visit peters.senate.gov/services/help-with-a-federal-agencyGo to main navigation