FreeStar Financial Credit Union is proud to award $4,000 to graduating high school seniors!
We offer two categories for our scholarships:
Military Honor Scholarship
We appreciate the men and women who defend our country every day. To honor the foundation and beginning of our credit union, the Military Honor Scholarship is awarded to two members of FreeStar Financial whose parents (one or both) are active military, reserve or veterans. Two $1,000 scholarships are available.
Community Action Scholarship
As a credit union founded on the principles of “people helping people”, we want to help provide educational assistance to members who are active volunteers in the community. Our young members who take the time to assist the community and non-profit, charitable organizations are eligible for this financial award. Two $1,000 scholarships are available.
Requirements for Applicants
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better
- Students must be accepted to qualified educational institution
- If applying for the Military Honor Scholarship, proof of military affiliation is required
- High School Transcript
- Essay Detailing highlights of applicant's achievements and community involvement
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
Apply by February 28th, 2023.Go to main navigation