Join a team that feels like family.
FreeStar Financial Credit Union prides itself on being a rewarding and motivating place to work. Whether you are just starting out in your career or a seasoned professional, we have a place for you.
We offer complete benefits package and competitive wages!
Winner of Michigan Credit Union League's "Credit Union of the Year" 2017
Voted Best of the Best by Macomb Daily Readers, 8 years in a row!
- Competitive Pay: We offer a competitive total compensation plan including salary/hourly pay, a chance to earn incentives and a chance to earn an annual bonus.
- Time Off*: Besides our competitive paid time off package, employees receive 10 paid holidays.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including all the necessities such as medical, dental and vision. You will even have access to a nurse hotline 24/7 as opposed to making your way to their office. Don’t need health insurance? An opt-out credit will be provided to you for waiving coverage.
- Leave of Absence*: We cover the cost of your Short and Long term disability. So if you are unexpectedly off of work, we’ve got your back.
- 401K: Saving for your future is important. That is why we match up to 3% of your contribution, as well as adding an additional 3%.
- Learning and Development: We offer unique micro-learning opportunities through BAI, a modern online learning management system. In addition, our hands-on leaders are truly invested in YOU and your development.
- Loan discounts*: Employees receive a .25% off interest for our consumer loans.
- Tuition reimbursement: We understand continuing education is important, which is why we reimburse you up to $1500 per year to help you do so.
- Clothing advances: Need to spruce up your wardrobe; you can take advantage of this 0% interest payroll advance.
- Computer loans: We know how important it is to keep up with technology, which is why we are here assist.
- Employee Assistance Programs: 100% paid by the credit union, assistance when you need it 24/7.
- Life insurance: Provided by the credit union, with additional coverage available.
- Additional Benefits that we love (too awesome not to mention): Employee referral bonuses, and annual holiday party.
*Full-time employees only
Human Resources Fax# 586-933-2593
2018 Employee of the Year
Congratulations to our 2018 Employees of the Quarter, Laurie Cafagna and Maria Teno and to our 2018 Employee of the Year, Nancy Strunk! Here is a video highlighting their accomplishments.
Join our team
Hear what some of our employees have to say about working here.