We are a proud lender for the Michigan Saves program. This program allows you to work with Michigan Saves authorized contractors to have a complete analysis of your home to determine energy efficiency. After you've learned how much you can save on your energy bills, you can obtain low interest financing right here at FreeStar Financial to make the improvements!
Benefits of the program include:
- Replace old appliances, your furnace, or make other energy efficiency upgrades
- Low fixed rate of 4.99% APR for this unsecured loan
- Borrow $1,000-$15,000
- Loan terms up to 120 months
- Combine with federal tax credit for more savings
To see a list of authorized contractors, please Click Here!
If you have any questions in regard to the program, please call FreeStar Financial at 586.466.7800, option 3, or visit the Michigan Saves website at www.michigansaves.org.
Applying for this product is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Go to www.michigansaves.org to get an estimate on qualifying energy improvements from a Michigan Saves authorized contractor. You can decide whether to have an energy assessment completed or can choose from a list of pre-qualified energy improvements.
2. The homeowner, with the assistance of the contractor, will submit a loan application either online or by phone with the Michigan Saves Lending Center and will receive a decision within minutes.
3. Once the loan is approved and income is verified (if applicable) the contractor will start working on the energy efficient improvements. Once all improvements have been completed, a Certificate of Completion signed by the homeowner and contractor will be submitted to the Centralized Lending department. The homeowner will then be contacted to set a date and time to close their loan and sign their membership application (if non-member). The credit union will deposit their $10 share into their account (if non-member) and once the documents have been signed, the proceeds will be sent directly to the contractor.